Environmental Sustainability Policy
Fast Response 24/7 Reliable Service
Onsite Helper, IT support and cloud-based services expert, is a strong believer in the importance of reducing our ecological footprint by adopting sustainable practices in everyday lives. Following the world leaders Global Goals targets for sustainable development, we review these 17 goals internally and see what we can do in our business to do our bit to address climate change. We also believe the world can become a better place if everyone considers sustainability in the actions they choose to take!
Onsite Helper uses many sustainable strategies, starting with the way the business operates and ending with helping to educate our clients on ways IT can be better used for sustainability.
Here are some examples of what Onsite Helper is currently doing within the business to reduce our carbon footprint while providing high-quality IT and cloud-based services:
- We are on the road a fair amount, for onsite client visits. Our company car is now a Tesla which is fully electric with 0 emissions. Also, the car’s battery is charged via solar power.
- We use minimal electricity in our office since there are no local servers (we operate entirely from the cloud) and our computers are off when not in use. Furthermore, we use natural light for as much as possible.
- The Electricity provider we use has the highest ranking for environmental friendliness out of the providers available to us.
- A large amount of our business runs on Google Cloud. Google Cloud runs on 100% renewable energy and has zero compute emissions.
- Google Chromebooks are used for staff, to minimize electricity usage. A Chromebook is an energy-efficient laptop as it operates entirely in the cloud. This means that the device does not need much heavy processing of CPU & RAM, which in turn, saves electricity.
RECYCLING & WASTE
- We often replace old computers and IT hardware, but this equipment is kept out of landfill and is sent to recyclers where up to 98% of the material is recovered and recycled. This is all done through Office Work’s “Bring IT Back”. We also re-purpose some computers by using neverware and turning them into Google Chrome devices and donate these to charities or non for profits.
- We run a minimal paper office. Almost everything is done electronically and we use apps like DocHub to edit PDFs without having to print them. We also send contracts and agreements electronically using Hello Sign. If we do need to print, we always print using duplex printing (both sides of the paper).
- IT hardware packaging is recycled correctly with both cardboard & plastic recycling.
RECYCLING & WASTE
- We use these strategies for ourselves, but we also help our customers implement them in their activity. As such, we moved most of our clients off local servers (which are chewing up on large amounts of electricity 24/7) and into the Google Cloud (e.g Google Workspace ). We help repurpose old computers with upgrades instead of replacement. We also help minimize their paper waste using the strategies above and implementing Chrome devices (where applicable).