Google Hangouts Meet Hardware: The Perfect Fit For Google Workspace Businesses
About Google Hangouts Meet HardwareThe system is easy to set up and can even run self-diagnostics in case something goes wrong. This means you won’t have to keep the technical team on their toes every time there’s an important meeting. Google Hangouts Meet is a versatile system that can be scaled up or down according to your needs. As such, it can be used for large conferences, with several teams coming together from different corners of the world. Finally, the solution automatically finds and runs firmware updates for all the components, to avoid any outside interferences and maintain a high level of security on all fronts. Also, the admin is always in control due to remote device monitoring and management features.
Purchase Hangouts Meet HardwareFirst, you need to purchase the hardware. This is only available to Chrome Enterprise partners such as Onsite Helper (we are both a Google Workspace & Chrome Enterprise partner), who can arrange this purchase for you. You can also contact Google who can recommend a partner for you. Hangouts Meet Hardware starts at $3,299 and includes:
- A powerful Core i7 Chromebox for meetings which can be hidden behind a TV
- A 10” touch screen panel for intuitive meeting control
- One 4K Ultra-HD Camera with 120º Field of View to capture the entire room
- Speaker with built-in microphone (advanced echo cancellation and noise suppression technology). If the room is bigger, you can use the Daisy Chain function to connect several speaker mics together.
- 24/7 support included
- Additional Speaker/Mic, you can have up to 5 – RRP is $439
- Logitech PTZ Pro 2 Camera which allows you to pan, tilt & zoom using a remote control – RRP is $1299
Purchase the LicenseYou may not be aware, but like Google Workspace, Hangouts Meet Hardware requires the purchase of a yearly license. This will cover the costs for Google Support, updates, etc. The license cost is around $369 per year (RRP) per Hangouts Meet Hardware. When purchasing the Hangouts Meet Hardware through a partner, you need to advise them of the domain name which the Hangouts Meet hardware will be connected to so it can be registered to the correct Google Workspace account. The partner sends the information to Google for processing, which can take a few days, so keep this in mind for when you want to deploy the solution.
Other OptionsIf Hangouts Meet doesn’t look like the ideal solution for your needs, there are other options to consider such as Chromebase and Jamboard.
1. ChromebaseFor smaller meeting rooms or spaces, you can use simpler solutions such as Chromebase, which acts as a usable Chrome desktop as well as a solution for video meetings. The device is an ultra-thin touch display that is robust and extremely secure, available in two versions (either a 22-inch display $2,018 or a 10-inch tablet $951). You can mount it on a wall or use the included stand, according to your needs. However, both versions need a Chrome Device Management license.
2. JamboardThis is Google’s ideas of an interactive whiteboard. It’s perfect for presentations and sketching ideas for projects because it allows users to go online and use all sorts of resources. Furthermore, the Jamboard allows other members of the team to chime in their ideas, regardless of their location. This means that you can use it for collaborative work and small meetings where you decide the steps of a project, without the need to have all the team members in the same room. Jamboard RRP starts at $7,156. There is also a $859 annual management and support fee. Prices are in AUD and include GST. Speak to Onsite Helper for special pricing on these items.
Setup Google Workspace With Onsite Helper today!
Onsite Helper - Australia's top Google Partner
Your business can also enjoy these new features and more when you upgrade to Google Workspace with Onsite Helper today!
Onsite Helper specialises in Google Workspace migration, managed IT systems and solutions, and onsite IT support. We provide free cloud service consultation and a free IT security audit. We’ve helped hundreds of businesses in Melbourne, Victoria and all over Australia, and we are more than happy to work with you as well.
Click the button below and call us today!