Gain Competitive Edge through Digital Innovation
If you want to benefit from the best experience when using Google Workspace, it’s recommended to use Google Chrome.
Google Chrome has hundreds of enhancements called extensions and addons; some are developed by Google but many are developed by other individual developers, aimed at enhancing users’ internet experience especially around productivity. However, some of these enhancements can’t be trusted and they may cause issues. Even more, each user likes to implement their own configuration. This can prove to be an organizational nightmare and it definitely doesn’t help productivity!
So, wouldn’t it be nice if all the great tools were easily accessible to all staff members and security was centrally managed? Introducing OSH Chrome Management!
Google Chrome Management comes part of your Google Workspace subscription. So, if you’re not specialized in working with such a tool, the best option is to have Onsite Helper implement this for your business and provide ongoing support for your team.
Benefits of Google Chrome Management
- Onsite Helper will manage the extension and pre-installed Apps for your organisation. Prevent unwanted apps and extensions risking data loss or distractions for staff
- If a new extension or App request comes from your business OSH will trial the app in our test environment to make sure there are no security risks or it won’t cause other issues for the business like slowness of Google Chrome
- Disable “Show Password” Button, If a computer is left unattended, anyone could jump on their computer and open Chrome settings to reveal all their saved passwords. We recommend to disable this feature.
- Allow or Block Plugins to help keep Google Chrome secure
- Block websites, have the option to block any URL in Chrome
Standard Operating Environmenty
All staff will have the same experience using Google Workspace in Chrome.
- All extensions and addons are pushed out to everyone’s Chrome login
- Company Bookmarks/favourites synced to everyone’s Chrome
- Setup default pages to load on Chrome startup e.g Company website, Gmail, Google Calendar etc.
- Setting up new staff is much faster than before. Everything will be in Chrome ready on their first login
- Company Chrome web store. Allow staff to install company approved extensions & add-ons from Chrome web store.
Chrome & Android Devices
- If you have Chromebooks or Android have these centrally managed with security
- Have wireless network settings automatically configured on devices.
OSH recommended Chrome Add-ons & Extensions
Google Workspace extensions highly recommend
New to Google Workspace? Google Workspace Training is a Chrome extension that offers simple and interactive training lessons to get you up and running fast with Google Workspace.
Rich, interactive training – Whether you’re in Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Slides, or Docs, you can learn and take actions, all at the same time.
Google Workspace Training is free for your entire organization.
Hangouts gives you more ways to talk with chat, video and voice calls, all for free. The new Hangouts Chrome app brings all you love about Hangouts to your computer running Chrome OS or Windows and lets you stay connected with friends no matter what device they’re on.
View and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files — without needing Office installed on your computer.
Quickly capture what’s on your mind and share those thoughts with friends and family. Speak a voice memo on the go and have it automatically transcribed. Grab a photo of a poster, receipt or document and easily organize or find it later in search.
See your next events, get meeting desktop notifications, add or snooze events without opening the Google Calendar page.
Gmail is a Gmail app built to support offline access, allowing mail to be read, responded to, searched and archived without network access. After first start-up, Gmail Offline will automatically synchronize messages and queued actions anytime Chrome is running and an Internet connection is available. Ideal for sorting out your emails on long plane flights.
The Google Docs extension makes it possible to edit your documents, spreadsheets and presentations when you aren’t connected to the Internet. Plus, you can copy and paste between Docs, Sheets and Slides.
Additional Add-ons & Extensions for users to find in your personalised Chrome Web Store
These Apps & extensions can still be forced to auto install on everyone’s Chrome browser but you may prefer allowing users to choose which ones they wish to install.
Boomerang allows you to schedule messages to be sent or returned at a later date. Write a message now, send it whenever, even if you’re not online. Track messages to make sure you hear back, and schedule reminders right inside Gmail
Ever get tired of typing out long email addresses, phrases you frequently use, or just looking to save keystrokes as you type? Well fear not! Auto Text Expander is here to solve that — kinda like TextExpander for Mac or AutoText for Windows, but installed and synced across Chrome browsers
Adblock Plus is the most popular ad blocker ever, and also supports websites by not blocking unobtrusive ads by default (configurable)
Only remember one password – your LastPass master password. Save all your usernames and passwords to LastPass, and it will auto-login to your sites and sync your passwords everywhere you need them. You can also share these logins securely with others.
With INBOX PAUSE, you can put new messages on hold, making it so they won’t appear in your Inbox until you are ready for them. Great for when you have work to do and don’t want distractions.
Mouse Gestures for Google Chrome, Draw arrows on your web page to indicate Google chrome to open or close a new tab. Configure your own gestures.
There are hundreds of other extensions and Apps in the Chrome web store: //chrome.google.com/webstore
For more security, have an Onsite Helper test out an extension or App before it is installed to all your users!
See how your business can improve Google Workspace addoption, efficiencies, collaboration and security with our recommended products and services click here: